Rockets shooting guard Kevin Porter Jr was sent to the G League bubble in Orlando after being acquired by Houston from the Cleveland Cavaliers. Porter, as discussed previously here, has had many character issues. To get him back on track, the Rockets sent him down to the G-League bubble with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.
On February 10th, the Vipers took on the Raptors 905 in their first game on the bubble. The Valley Vipers shot horribly, shooting sub 40% from the field and 25% from three. The game ended in a 132-105 loss for Rio Grande Valley.
Despite the loss, Kevin Porter Jr was a bright spot. Porter shot 9/19 from the field including 4/9 from three. He scored a game-high 25 points while also dishing out 4 assists with a steal and a block. Porter was a starting lineup-best -12 on the night in +/-. Former Houston Cougar Armoni Brooks also had a great night, scoring 17 points off the bench.
Kevin Porter Jr and the Valley Vipers will look to bounce back on February 11th against the Agua Caliente Clippers.
The Twenty Second Episode – AFC North Breakdown – Go Run A Route Podcast
- The Twenty Second Episode – AFC North Breakdown
- The Twenty-First Episode – Packers President comments on Rodgers, Le'Veon cost himself employment, NFC East Breakdown and Predictions
- The Twentieth Episode – Julio Jones is a Titan, AFC East Breakdown and Predictions
- The Nineteenth Episode – In celebration of the NBA Playoffs
- The Eighteenth Episode – Julio Jones is on the move, Making fun of fans
Thanks for reading! For more Rockets related or basketball-related talk, follow me on Twitter @FindingNeema23 and follow @BorderFuelHQ for more sports-related content!